Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Artists that I admire and love...Wax on/Wax Off Party

One of the highlights of DJing before the onset of the mp3...was the weekly trip to the record store. There was nothing more exciting. I spent hours picking out the new imports and releases and trying to beat the dudes to the turntables so I could listen. Some tracks were pure shite others well completely blew me away. Next step cash register where you prayed you had enough in your bank account to get all your selections. Record shopping is expensive damn! Next stop home to listen to those tracks over and over and build your mix...absolute bliss...miss those days...miss the record shops...my bank account is a little happier but I digress.


So I am happy and honored to report that this Thursday I will share a guest spot with Marlon B and Achour Mezi at the 5th installment of the Wax On/ Wax Off Party thrown by DJ Cosi and DJ RedLox.

Wax On/ Wax Off is monthly vinyl party with residents DJ Redlox & DJ Cosi (Freedom Party & Red Rooster saturdays.) Each installment has guest DJs

DJ Redlox
DJ Cosi
Redlox and Cosi state "Our goal is to have another outlet in the NYC DJ scene which goes back to the real roots of DJ culture, where you actually had to buy a physical record, pick out a selection of records for a set, and worst of all, carry those mothers to a gig. Our sets will always display the true personality and dedication to the craft of the DJ."

So what is so exciting about this party besides the fact that these DJs are amazing...I am not including myself of course...well maybe just a little ; ) We will be spinning all vinyl!!!! Yes packing up the records and slinging them on my back just like the old days and it feels oh so good. Festivities start at 8pm on Thursday June 21st  and is located La Linea, ( http://lalinealounge.com/) 151 1st avenue btw 1st and 2nd st) and there is no cover. So come drink, be merry and party like it's 1999...you know the era before models, reality show stars and heiresses decided they were DJs...yeah I said it ; )                            

No comments:

Post a Comment