Wednesday, May 9, 2012

jesus loves u and so do I...

so I am walking thru times square on my way home and a young woman looking like she just stepped off the farm in Wisconsin, walks up to me and hands me a flyer

girl: Jesus loves u and so do I...do u love Jesus?
me: why yes...yes I do
girl: u can be saved...no matter who u are
me: really...what leads u to believe that
girl: well u look...look like a lesbian
me: well u look like a stepford wife in training...
girl: what's that?
me: exactly

so after crumpling up the flyer in her face and telling her I felt very sorry for her and trying really hard not to punch her. I walked away feeling even more angry than I have been since north carolina made their wonderful decision and became the 29th state of stupidity... and I thought...WTF???

yes no eloquence needed here...no big vocabulary words came to mind. Is it me or is good old America the land of the free, the pillar of democracy heading in an alarming rate into the dark ages. It seems to be the norm now to judge others in the name of God on one's sexual preference. So if it was possible that I am lesbian, even though I am a good person pay my taxes and love mankind...I am ultimately going to burn in hell. Little girl u can kiss my ass. Even more appalling is what psycho brainwashed this poor child into believing this? Not to mention she was wearing a purity ring. According to my good old friend Wikipedia

Purity rings (also known as chastity rings or abstinence rings) are worn as a sign of chastity. The practice originated in the United States in the 1990s among Christian-affiliated sexual abstinence groups.[1] Wearing a purity ring is typically accompanied by a religious vow to practice abstinence until marriage.[2]
David Bario of the Columbia News Service wrote:[3]
Under the Bush administration, organizations that promote abstinence and encourage teens to sign virginity pledges or wear purity rings have received federal grants.The Silver Ring Thing, a subsidiary of a Pennsylvania evangelical church, has received more than $1 million from the government to promote abstinence and to sell its rings in the United States and abroad.
really...funding was given to this but schools are being shut down go figure.

Seems like this special group of chastity chasing teenagers decided to make a trip to NYC to promote their beliefs after North Carolina's "assbackwardness" (remember when Sarah Palin used that word in her interview with Barbara Walters...yeah she's good for something) yesterday.To put in bluntly I am terrified and I don't scare easy. What's next witch hunts? To use the word of God, Allah, Buddah whomever u follow or believe in to promote hatred is sickening. Do these people truly read the bible or is it left open to interpretation to fit their needs. I think I will go with the latter.  The president gave his view on the matter of NC's decision...view below if u haven't already and this is one of the many reasons why he will get my vote.

How would the breadbasket react to a busload of LGBT individuals making a trip to a few states to share their beliefs...don't think it would go over too well. But a girl can dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment